Contemporary Game Assignment

Game Reviewed:        Swords and Sandals 2

Game Platform: PC

1. Provide a detailed overview of the objective of the game.

The Objective of the game is to create a character and level them up and increase their skills. if your character dies you have to create a new one and start over. The game is sort of like an RPG as in you can choose what stats to level up and improve, as well as items to upgrade and buy and use. You must fight in the arenas for as long as possible until your eventual death.

2. List 3 or more things you like about the game. Why?

I like that it can be replayed over and over again – because you learn how to access more gear and level up more each time you play.

I like that it has a leveling system… It could use improvements such as letting me apply points to every aspect rather than just four. But since it makes the game more difficult, I guess it works.

I like the combat system because it is super simple and can be exploited. For instance, most of the NPCs wont charge at you, so you can sit there and just charge at them or set up attacks before they reach you. The system is turn based so that also makes it fun.

3. List 3 or more things you do not like about the game. Why?

I dislike the graphics. They are a bit too cartoony for me. I want either realistic games or an arcade kind of vibe.

I dislike the fact that you can get enchants for free on some weapons, and on others you have to spend a whole lot of cash.

I dislike not being able to just duel the whole time. you have to enter tournaments and so your character is forced to fight and die eventually.

List 3 or more reasons why you think the game you are reviewing is successful.

Because the game is fairly fun and hasn’t gotten boring yet.

I think that the game is successful because it has a skill system for people to play with.

I also think it’s successful because of the character creation area, creating characters is a lot of fun for some people, even if the character is definitely going to die.